Sunday, January 13, 2008

ADDICTED!!!- the rehabilitation plan

Oft people associate the word 'addiction' with terms like alcohol, drugs etc. But one fails to realise that there are many more minute forms of addiction available which we do not tend to realise in our everyday lives.

Let me explain.This is how my day goes.I wake up in the morning and the first thing i do is check the messages i would have got when i was asleep and reply to them.The early morning fresh air, a glance at the beautiful sunrise... all forgotten.. my mind fully focussed on a small digital box. Through the day my cell phone is inseparable. Its like an extension of my hand. In this whole process of addiction many small wonderful things in life go obliviated.

The key is not to do away with the phone. But to strike a balance. And here i am trying hard to that.

No comments: