Saturday, December 29, 2007
Former Spurs boss Martin Jol is ready to take over from Sam Allardyce should he get the boot from Newcastle.It is reported that the newcastle board of directors , have been unhappy with the performance of BigSam, ever since he took over Newcastle .Martin jol was infamously sacked from , his managerial job at Tottenham Hot Spurs, earlier this year and was replaced by Juande Ramos.Now, Jol seem to have given his consent to take over the magpies . keep llokin into this blog for further updates !!!
Friday, December 28, 2007
Hello readers , its me again,
for a change it aint sorrow or pain !!!
I'm to marvel the world around me,
i dunno where to start ... A B or C...
As the sun greets the sand,
as the sea wakes up ,
as the wind steers the ship big and small ,
my imagination begins to crawl...
Thank you Lord im in Indian sand,
strife , yet a peaceful land!!
I wish to migrate to the chinese wee,
learn their crafts , savour thier tea!!
off i go to the island Japan,
wealth of a craft , shrunk in a pan !!!
not to mention the mount fiji,
i haven forgotten my pav baaji!!!
Aussie land and the koala bear ,
my dreams dontland me there !!!
but i guess i ll make t there ,
my dreams???, bah!! i really dont care
off to europe , the swedish alps,
the italian women , andthe french winee......
the english villa and the finnish siness!!!
sign off in America , the land of dreams,
BEER,BIRD, BIKES!!!!ah dreams!!!
I wish , these all were mine!!!
around the world,
before i turn 79!!!!
He will take over on 30 December, with caretaker boss Ray Lewington remaining in charge for Saturday's away game against Birmingham City.
Fulham sacked Lawrie Sanchez last week with the club in the Premier League's bottom three.
"I am determined that we will overcome the current position," Hodgson, 60, told the club's official website.
"I understand that it will be a challenge, but one that I will relish."
Fulham's new manager will be at their game at St. Andrews on Saturday before taking training with the Craven Cottage squad on Sunday.
His first game in charge will be a local derby against chelsea on new years day.
al-Qaeda has taken responcibilty for the assassination of pakistani politician Benazir Bhutto at an election rally on Thursday.
Citing what it said was an intercepted phone call, the interior ministry said the killing had been ordered by "al-Qaeda leader" Baitullah Mehsud.
The BBC's security correspondent, Frank Gardner, says it is too early to establish the truth of what happened.
Ms Bhutto has been buried in her family tomb amid scenes of mass grieving.
Video of her last moments before the attack in Rawalpindi was shown at the news conference given in Islamabad by the interior ministry.
Pakistani security forces are on high alert, with at least 19 people killed in protests by Bhutto supporters across the country since the assassination
Wednesday, December 26, 2007
well, the title may be confusing , but the fact is that billa , the latest ajith nayanthara starrer is the latest movie tio jointhe bandwagon of super hits .It has amassed well over 25 crores in the first two weeks and is expected to break all records!! The year has certainly ended in a great note for thala and his fans!!!!
Monday, December 24, 2007
- Celtic will lose out on Andreas Hinkel despite an improved bid because the defender wants to join Borussia Dortmund. (Daily Mail)
- Bobo Balde will hold showdown talks with Celtic to find out if he has a future at the club or should join Birmingham or Sunderland during January. (Daily Express)
- Bobo Balde wants his future sorted out before the African Nations Cup starts on 6 January and the defender hopes to remain with Celtic. (The Herald)
- Celtic have offered out-of-favour striker Maciej Zurawski to Maccabi Tel-Aviv. (various)
- Rangers are hoping to sign England Under-21 striker Luke Moore, but Aston Villa would prefer a permanent transfer to a loan deal. (The Sun)
- Midfielder John Rankin has been told he can leave Inverness and hopes to move in January despite a recent return to the first-team. (The Sun)
- Reading manager Steve Coppell is set to land Nigerian striker Udo Nwoko from Portuguese club Leixoes for £1.25m. (Daily Mirror)
- Middlesbrough boss Gareth Southgate will add Sheffield United's Rob Hulse to his squad for around £2.2m (Daily Mirror)
- Cesc Fabregas' agent has said there is "no chance" the young Arsenal star will move to Real Madrid despite interest from the Spanish giants. (The Sun)
- Chelsea are eyeing up a move for Barcelona's 16-year-old starlet Thiago Alcantara, who has yet to sign a pro deal at the Nou Camp. (The Sun)
- Bryan Robson is hoping new signing Gary Speed can persuade former Bolton colleague Ivan Campo to join him at Bramall Lane. (The Sun)
- Tottenham striker Darren Bent is keen to link up with his former Charlton boss Alan Curbishley at West Ham. (Daily Star)
- Dundee United hope to secure Leicester striker Eric Odhiambo on loan until the end of the season. (Daily Express)
- Gretna will be paid £20,000 by Dundee United for left-back Danny Grainger, who will sign a two-and-a-half year contract. (Daily Express)
- St Mirren are close to securing New England Revolution midfielder Andrew Dorman on an 18-month contract. (various)
Sunday, December 23, 2007
Its easy to quit smoking, in prime
I have done it a million time.
Wats in a fag ???, dey ask
They know not the pleasure after the arduous task
It’s a cynical world , the one around us,
Its no wish to fag , then why all this fuss!!!!
Lets smoke!!!!! Legalise!!!!
Imagine a smoker’s paradise!!!!
It surprises me , the similarity ,
Between a fag and me , with such clarity ….
Born I’m a lowly beedi,
Im small ,
Waiting to be picked up by one and all!!!
I aint strong , im weak ,
Just as a beedi im tweaked!!!!
TIME FLIES BY AND I MOVE ON ,
LIPS ARE BURNING, THE NEXTONE IS ON!!!!
I grow up much like a cigarette stack,
I flock with the likes, grouped into packs,
Filtered with the burden of education,
Ringed in the name of institution
I’m similar one and all,
So are the cigarettes big or small
Yet , I choose my one way ,
Kings , wills or scissors??, its for you to say !!!
TIME FLIES BY AND I MOVE ON ,
LIPS ARE BURNING, THE NEXTONE IS ON!!!!
Next is the hookah , the majestic one,
Much like me, hey !!! im havin fun !!!
I yearn for someone to serve and spray ,
Much like the man on the hookah,s tray !!!
Love hate n friendship are my’motions,
“apple hookah “is the one in-fashion !!!!
TIME FLIES BY AND I MOVE ON ,
LIPS ARE BURNING, THE NEXTONE IS ON!!!!
I wish to die a royal cigar ,
Royal to the l and knows no par
The very symbol of royalty ,
I shall strive for eternity !!!!
I have so much desire, so much soaked ,
Yet I might vanish, as d fags smoked!!!
It aint a reformation,
Or a lament on my condition ,
Its just a answer to a test,
On what in the world I do the best!!!!
Get up get going son!!!!
Its time for the nextone!!!!
----- my dedication to my fellow uff-ers!!!!
Thursday, December 20, 2007
i have started this new posting that will give you continuos insight into the word of european football!!!!
- Manchester City are leading the race to sign Dinamo Zagreb midfielder Luka Modric. The Croatia star is set to cost Sven-Goran Eriksson £20m (Daily Express)
- But Chelsea are also desperate to sign Modric to help ease their growing injury list, that now includes Frank Lampard. (Guardian)
- Avram Grant could also move for Daniel Alves, Maicon Douglas and Nicolas Anelka in a sensational £50m spending spree. (Independent)
- Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger is in pole position to sign Barnsley keeper Heinz Muller for £1m. (Various)
- Muller's arrival would pave the way for out-of-favour Jens Lehmann to leave Arsenal and rejoin Borussia Dortmund. (Various)
- Sunderland have held talks with Blackburn midfielder Robbie Savage about a possible move to the Stadium of Light. Savage would cost Roy Keane around £1.5m. (Daily Mail)
- Bolton are keen on Portsmouth midfielder Matt Taylor but could be put off by the £5m price tag the south coast outfit are placing on his head. (Daily Mail)
- Everton boss David Moyes has placed a £25m price tag on Mikel Arteta to scare off Spanish giants Valencia. (Daily Mirror)
- Celtic are negotiating with Everton about the transfer of James McFadden and hope to sign the striker in time to face Rangers on 2 January. (The Sun)
- Sevilla have pulled the plug on Andreas Hinkel's move to Borussia Dortmund after Celtic lodged an improved offer for the right-back. (Daily Record)
Monday, December 17, 2007
Toss of a coin, head or tail....
have you ever wondered wat if its a HE-IL????
Like the lines o a coin ,
between a head and a tail
Souls like mine
pass , yet we fail.....
When prayers go unanswered,
wishes go un fulfilled,
im an empty chest
with a mountain tilled!!!!
i dare to defy , oppose the odd,
fear in me , keeps a sheathd sword.
so near yet so far .....
a classical case of fox gettin grapes,n grapes turning sour !!!!!
when would i run that extra mile ???
when wold i swim that extra naut???
only time shall answer ,
for it ties all knots!!!
but remember .....
its twilight , the makes a sun a pleasant sight ,
neither the morning , nor the night !!!!!
Sunday, December 16, 2007
We were all set to spend a week in Malaysia. Had a cottage booked, serviced the car and even bought snow suits for any eventuality - we were hoping that it might snow over there. However, it appears that we won't be able to go. My son is teething - he has four new teeth coming out and is in a great deal of pain. He is not eating and drinking much and we were quite worried when he came down with fever day before yesterday
We had hoped that he would get better by today but that was not to be. He's in a bad mood the whole day and it really breaks my heart to see him grimacing with pain. So we finally decided to cancel the trip. A call to a friend also confirmed our fears - that the money won't be refunded.
It was a bit of a downer but I tried to look at the bright side - we saved on fuel and other expenditure and it's probably too cold to enjoy ourselves over there. A case of sour grapes, I know but it certainly helps us feel better a bit.
Wednesday, December 12, 2007
Today was my 10th class in car driving. And there is 0 improvement from day 1.
There is this particular trainer, who claims to be an MBA graduate, has a very very tough time to teach me and my friend. You must see the passengers in the car when we drive.. They are Kodak moments and the expressions on their face are just priceless. :D
I ll never miss to see their expressions from the rear view mirror.. (Guess this is the reason for all the chaos).
There is another trainer, who just hates if we talk when we sit at the back seat. My friend and I love to pass comments in sotto voce about how the others drive :P Now come on.. How long can we sit mum when another amateur driver drives...?? phew.. Those are breathtaking moments :-P and I wonder how those trainers don get a heart attack.. :P
When I was driving, this trainer suddenly shook his index finger. I was already confused about gear changing, clutch, brake, accelerator.. and was dead scared at this particular trainer. I was wondering if I had missed to learn any particular signal.. then he said in his reedy voice "go straight".. hee hee.. does moving your index finger once to left and once to right means “go straight”? Strange signal!
Day before yesterday, when I was driving in the tortuous old and narrow streets, I was about to bump the ramshackle old car on a huge tree (just like our very own kollywood heroines :-D ) I must surely appreciate the presence of mind and the promptness of the (MBA) trainer. He applied the brake :-D.We take the same route every day, so all the joggers and walkers are very familiar to us and vice versa. The moment they see us, they ll either stop until we pass by or start walking on the pavement. They ll react as if we are some big dhaadhas!! :-D
Andha bayam irukattum !!! :-D
The trainer, who claims to be an MBA graduate, doesn’t know English.. and there is this batch mate of mine who knows only English. She was driving in the 4 th gear and there was a big truck going in front of us. As the trainer doesn’t have control over the accelerator, he said “Accelerator udunga ma”. The poor gal, thought he was asking her to press the accelerator and pressed it further.. the car went
the poor trainer was very frantic and didn’t know what to do
Then I rescued her and all of us ;-) by saying that “ ‘accelerator udunga ma’ means, release the accelerator” hee hee.. then she understood and released the accelerator!!
The 'index finger' trainer has already had enough with us, so he forced the 'MBA' trainer to teach us today :-P A software professional is also learning in the same institute. Unfortunately, he came with us.. he got soooo scared at the way my friend was driving, that he pleaded her to stop the car (he said that it was getting late for him and he had to go to office :-D )
We are having a whale of a time..So.. Dudes and dudettes.. join us to experience the same!! :-P
hmmm... Who wants to go for a ride in my car??! :-)
Sunday, December 9, 2007
Well , the one thing that has men , rushing for cover is baldness , and the receding hairline. Some men lose it later, others much earlier. There are various reasons we lose our hair including medical conditions as well as bad diet and stress. However, the main reason appears to be androgenetic, also known as male-pattern baldness, caused by hormones called androgens and genetics.
I would be lying if I said that I wasn't concerned as well. It's in my blood. A guest who was invited to one of our family reunions remarked that most of the men in our family - from grandfather, to uncles and sons, looked similar. I pointed out that it probably might be their shiny heads. Some had even shaved it to a fashionable bald look. Even though I still have a thick tuft of hair in place, I know it will be gone one day or the other.
Anyway, it's kind of comforting as I look around my classroom to find out that I am actually doing quite well in that area as compared to some of my colleagues. I guess a PhD does that to people. The topic did come up once in a while and the issue of treatment was often discussed. It was clear that some had even tried various potions and so called miracle drugs without any success. I guess we short of agreed that hair transplant might be a more effective solution. If you are one of us and worried about Hair Loss, you might want to visit the Hair Loss Specialists website. The site is aimed at guys who are exploring a permanent hair loss treatment. It is both a information guide as well as a support site. These pepole have several years of experience and use state of the art treatment , so rest assured that your hair is in safe hands!!!!
Thursday, December 6, 2007
to get traffic for your blog
1. Use lists.
2. Be topical... write posts that need to be read right now.
3. Learn enough to become the expert in your field.
4. Break news.
5. Be timeless... write posts that will be readable in a year.
6. Be among the first with a great blog on your topic, then encourage others
to blog on the same topic.
7. Share your expertise generously so people recognize it and depend on you.
8. Announce news.
9. Write short, pithy posts.
10. Encourage your readers to help you manipulate the technorati top blog list.
11. Don't write about your cat, your boyfriend or your kids.
12. Write long, definitive posts.
13. Write about your kids.
14. Be snarky. Write nearly libelous things about fellow bloggers, daring
them to respond (with links back to you) on their blog.
15. Be sycophantic. Share linklove and expect some back.
16. Include polls, meters and other eye candy.
17. Tag your posts. Use del.ico.us.
18. Coin a term or two.
19. Do email interviews with the well-known.
20. Answer your email.
21. Use photos. Salacious ones are best.
22. Be anonymous.
23. Encourage your readers to digg your posts. (and to use furl and reddit).
Do it with every post.
24. Post your photos on flickr.
25. Encourage your readers to subscribe by RSS.
26. Start at the beginning and take your readers through a months-long education.
27. Include comments so your blog becomes a virtual water cooler that feeds itself.
28. Assume that every day is the beginning, because you always have new readers.
29. Highlight your best posts on your Squidoo lens.
30. Point to useful but little-known resources.
31. Write about stuff that appeals to the majority of current blog readers--like
gadgets and web 2.0.
32. Write about Google.
33. Have relevant ads that are even better than your content.
34. Don't include comments, people will cross post their responses.
35. Write posts that each include dozens of trackbacks to dozens of blog
posts so that people will notice you.
36. Run no ads.
37. Keep tweaking your template to make it include every conceivable bell or
38. Write about blogging.
39. Digest the good ideas of other people, all day, every day.
40. Invent a whole new kind of art or interaction.
41. Post on weekdays, because there are more readers.
42. Write about a never-ending parade of different topics so you don't bore
43. Post on weekends, because there are fewer new posts.
44. Don't interrupt your writing with a lot of links.
45. Dress your blog (fonts and design) as well as you would dress yourself for a
meeting with a stranger.
46. Edit yourself. Ruthlessly.
47. Don't promote yourself and your business or your books or your projects
at the expense of the reader's attention.
48. Be patient.
49. Give credit to those that inspired, it makes your writing more useful.
50. Ping technorati. Or have someone smarter than me tell you how to do it
51. Write about only one thing, in ever-deepening detail, so you become definitive.
52. Write in English.
53. Better, write in Chinese.
54. Write about obscure stuff that appeals to an obsessed minority.
55. Don't be boring.
56. Write stuff that people want to read and share.
please post your comments!!!!